A day after announcing its plans to update and improve the Destiny 2 experience over time with numerous updates, developer Bungie is again immediately with some specifics about how the sport’s “sandbox” is altering. In Bungie’s latest weekly blog post, design lead Josh Hamrick talked about what gamers can anticipate within the upcoming “Go Quick Replace,” which is the primary of many coming to Destiny 2.
Hamrick defined that Bungie’s objective with the brand new replace is to “present particular person gamers with extra hero moments” by means of boosting their whole pace and mobility. Moreover, Supers are altering, whereas the “frequency and influence” of the “most worthy energy weapons” is growing.
Beneath is a rundown of modifications that Bungie is presently testing internally. Hamrick cautioned that, whereas “the outlook is sweet” for these to be launched, via the method of testing it could be decided that they will not ever be launched publicly. They’re all fairly notable, together with issues like Energy ammo dropping once you die, quicker Tremendous recharges, quicker Energy ammo respawn timers, and numerous modifications to weapons, amongst many different issues.
Moreover, the Shoulder Cost potential is present process some critical modifications in that Bungie is totally reverting it to work because it did earlier than a earlier replace tweaked it. “Shoulder Cost’s motion utility was perceived as extra invaluable than its injury utility, which made it really feel dangerous to really hit somebody with Shoulder Cost. The motion was successfully a ‘free’ dodge,” Hamrick stated.
“The objective of the untargeted distance nerf was to discourage utilizing the flexibility as a motion mode by making it solely efficient when utilizing it in opposition to enemies,” Hamrick added. “Looking back, we expect this transformation was a mistake and we have heard you all say the identical.”
Lastly, Hamrick stated a change is coming for Snipers in order that they do not “flinch” as onerous when taking hits, particularly with Energy weapons. “We have now dug into this and located that someplace alongside the best way in the direction of delivery Future 2, we acquired a bug that’s stopping us from with the ability to efficiently tune this to the values that we might all like,” Hamrick stated. “Whereas the present batch of modifications we’re playtesting go a protracted option to bringing snipers again to the place they need to be, this bug will nonetheless stop them from feeling excellent.”
The bug that Hamrick talked about requires some “deep modifications,” and the developer cautioned that it may take “some time” to filter this concern. You may see a full record of modifications for the “Go Quick Replace” under, whereas this Bungie post has even more details.
Future 2 “Go Quick Replace” Notes:
- All three glides plus Catapult and Strafe Elevate have been retuned and buffed to make them extra distinctive and quicker.
- The mobility stat has had its vary expanded and been utterly retuned as effectively. Briefly, everybody will get quicker and the excessive finish is increased.
- The gamers’ floor pace cap has been elevated, permitting for quicker whole motion pace, no matter how chances are you’ll get there.
- Arcstrider, Sentinel, and Striker all transfer quicker, and on the similar pace as each other, whereas of their Supers.
- Arcstrider, as a complete, is performing effectively in PvP however principally resulting from its impartial sport perks. We’ve made the next modifications in an effort to get the Tremendous to be a extra aggressive possibility:
- Quicker Assault Animations.
- Quicker Dodge Animations.
- Elevated vary of all assaults.
- Supers recharge quicker for everybody!
- We’ve buffed a number of weapon archetypes (together with, however not restricted to, Hand Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Shotguns) and some particular perks, as effectively.
- A key objective right here is to make Shotguns, Snipers, and Fusion rifles extra prevalent within the sport.
- We’ve additionally been working side-by-side with our associates on PvP to extend the tempo of PvP fight and the frequency of energy play. Right here’s a sneak peek at their onerous work:
- Participant respawn instances for all Quickplay modes have been decreased.
- Energy Ammo respawn timers for all Quickplay modes have been diminished ~30%.
- Energy Ammo respawn timers in Survival have been diminished ~40%.
- Energy Ammo respawn timers in Countdown have been diminished ~25%.
- Ammo counts have been adjusted in relation to those timers, and in relation to weapon sort.
- Enemy gamers now drop their energy ammo on loss of life.
- The dropped brick is accessible to anybody till picked up or 30 seconds have handed.